Location: Remote until Covid - Toronto, Atlanta, New York, Boston
The Applications Director will have primary responsibility of owning one or more application platform areas.
They will be the primary IT leader for the executive business stakeholders and help guide the Strategic IT initiatives.
The position is expected to take on project oversight, project management, solution architect, business, and technical roles as needed to ensure the projects are delivered to the stakeholder meetings the platform objectives.
The Applications Director will be expected to lead architecture for the application platform they own which would include consulting with IT senior leadership.
They will define/design solutions that will meet the business objectives or goals for the area owned.
The Applications Director should be proficient in various documentation standards UML, Agile epics/user stories, etc. to be able to document the requirements in the needed format for the development teams to effectively build the desired feature, integration, or application.
- Manage the portfolio of all applications within their portfolio.
- Work with all departments and business leaders to define strategic and tactical needs for technology enabled business processes.
- Develop/enhance Technology roadmap for their portfolio.
- Provide leadership and guidance on all aspects of application deployment projects including, but not limited to business process optimization, requirements analysis and design, configuration, development, conversions, system testing, cut over and production support.
- Provide guidance in product, component and vendor selection as appropriate for specific projects.
- Own the maintenance, support and continued enhancement of all applications within the organization.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendor partners to provide support for outsourced applications.
- Define application architecture strategies, principles, vision, standards, tools and methodologies.
- Understand current enterprise application integration capabilities including the use of services-based frameworks and other data integration technologies and strive for continuous improvement.
- Must be able to lead a team of Technical Architects/Leads and guide them to efficiently deploy necessary software assets for the company
- Understand concepts of Data architecture including creating/updating data models for key business entities.
- Documenting reference and master data requirements, providing guidance on data quality with respect to accuracy, currency and usage and provide recommendations related to data security, retention and archival.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in a senior IT leadership role overseeing enterprise applications.
- Must have at least 5 years software engineering and architecture experience.
- Experience with applications in Financial/Accounting systems domains is a big plus.
- Ability to initiate and direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams including portfolio company, shared services, advisory team, third party vendors and other constituent groups as appropriate with aim of furthering the program goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
- Knowledge of information technology infrastructure, networking and cloud technologies and the ability to understand and manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations
- Experience with implementation of information technology migrations and integrations
- Creative thinking, problem solving and decision making. Proactive and self-starter.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills.
- Relevant Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree or similar experience