Location: Remote until Covid
The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct the work that drives the bottom-line growth through their strategic roadmap program of projects. The capstone of these engagements is the definition and execution of a strategic technology roadmap and a governance framework that delivers financial and competitive value to client held companies.
This position works with client-side resources and third-party consultants. Client-side resources can include: Senior Executive Team, CIO and IT Management, the Project Management Office, and specific stakeholders as needed.
The winning candidate will be passionate, committed, and a fast learner, while at the same time being coachable and open to new approaches to technology solution projects.
Operating Model Diagnostic and IT Roadmap
- Discuss products and engagement timeline to tier-2 stakeholders
- Guide completion of Summary and Detailed diagnostics
- Gather all baseline data and normalize into standard templates
- Create Findings decks
- Provide meaningful feedback re: current-state org to Advisors
- Define a high-quality Strategic Technology Roadmap and supporting deck
- Escalate to, and coordinate participation of, Advisors as needed
- Closely coach client PMO through in-flight strategic projects
IT Roadmap Execution, through coaching and hands-on execution of IT Demand
- IT Roadmap Execution, through coaching and hands-on execution of IT Demand.
- Ensure that all client IT demand is maintained as best practice in JIRA
- Ensure that all technology projects and products have named Stakeholders and Product Owners
- Ensure that all technology projects are run via the PMO Framework, with high levels of quality.
- Ensure that project user stories have direct traceability to test case results for each project
- Directly own at least one technology project from Strategy through Monitor
- Teach the PMO framework and supporting artifacts to all new client-side hires.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Significant experience with implementation of information technology migrations and integrations
- Significant experience with various solution development frameworks
- Significant Business Analyst and business modelling experience
- UML knowledge and modelling experience
- Agile experience: Writing Epics and Personas
- Writing and execution of test cases that tie to design requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Comprehensive organizational design experience
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Project Management experience
- Strong Teaching / Coaching Skills
- Strong writing, presentation, and documentation skills
- Strong ability to zoom from big picture to detail.
- Able to ramp-up quickly.
- Leadership Skills
- High proficiency in spoken and written English
- Able to interact with client executive team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to direct collaborative efforts of multiple teams
- Creative thinking, problem solving, and decision making.
- Relevant Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree or similar experience